Welcome to the Ralston Valley Band Family
Here’s Your Guide of What To Expect
Welcome New Families!
Here is the information presented during the New Family Orientation
If this is your first year in band, please be aware that there is a lot of activity involved in Marching Band. At the bottom of this page is a copy of the full Parent Survival Guide.
Tuesdays and Thursdays after school, Saturdays on days there is no performance. (Tuesdays and Thursdays 3:30 – 6:30 at a minimum, with other weekdays and Saturdays as needed.
Competitions – Most weekends September – October; Saturdays, plan on spending most of the day if you attend to cheer the kids on.
The bus takes students to and from performances including Football Games as NAAC field. Students are required to be dressed, equipment in hand, loaded onto the bus and ride the bus to get there and back to the school. Drop off and pick up at RVHS.
There is a flurry of activity that your student will be involved in as the season ramps up starting as early as mid-May and across the summer.
The calendar is the best way to stay up to date with the band schedule. Things can change at the last minute and are often out of control of band staff or volunteers. We recommend adding the calendar to your Google calendar to stay up to date with any schedule changes which can vary slightly even the day of events. Please be flexible, put on a smile and know that we are all in this together.
First Rehearsal of the Year:
Come meet with other parents, learn first hand about this years marching performance, new summer practice schedule and …
how RVMB is going to rock it out of the stadium this year!
- For all incoming Freshmen, returning band students and all of their parents
- Kids are fed dinner.
- We have sign-up sheets for all of the committees we will need for the 2017-2018 year.
- The board members are running the sign-up sheets, so if you have questions about any of the committees, please ask any of us.
King Soopers Cards:
To use your King Soopers card toward your fair share & to support Ralston Valley Music, follow this tutorial.
Freshman Orientation Party:
- Held late summer (date, time and directions will be provided later.
- Only for Freshmen and first time band members and their parents, board members, section leaders, drum major, staff.
- Dinner will be served, so come hungry!
- Ms. Watts and other board members provide a SHORT talk about how to be successful in the marching band and how your student can letter in band.
- Held once school starts, but before the Harvest Festival Parade (1st event of the season)
- Our Wonderful Hospitality Committee will provide the Main Course
- Each Class Brings something (Freshmen – Just come and enjoy, Sophomores-side dishes, Juniors-desserts, Seniors-chips)
- We need volunteers for setup, cooking, serving and cleanup
- Harvest Festival Parade kicks off the season – We host this event, and our kids will march in it (Colorado Band Master’s Association Qualifying Parade)
- Home Football Games – Our kids will perform on the field and play pep band in the bleachers at all home football games
- Prop Parents – Get the props on and off the field for each performance, keep track of time
- Pit Parents – Get the pit equipment on and off the field for each performance, keep track of time
- Hospitality – Provides meals for all band members, staff and helping parents
- Trailer pullers – load and haul the trailers to each competition
More details that will be revealed as the season ramps up, and as they are made available. Those updates will be available here, on our Facebook Page and will also be sent via email.
Board Members are available to answer questions. You can find a full contact list here.
The more involved you get, the more fun you will have!
You can also check out the Parent Survival Guide for more information.